Important SEO tips/How to Improve SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. This is the technique in which you optimize your website & content so that it is easily visible to search engines. In this post, I am going to write about some important SEO tips & How to Improve SEO which every Webmaster & blogger must know.
What is SEO?
It’s a dream of every blogger to get his/her website on the first page of Search engine Result Page (SERP). This can be achieved through Search Engine Optimization. You must remember that search engine offers most relevant content and website to the search quarries.
The relevancy of the content is decided by the advanced algorithms used by the search engines. These algorithms check the content submitted to them based on various criterions and accordingly rank them. Developing & optimizing your website and content based on these criterions is called search engine optimization.
Though search engines do not disclose details about their algorithms which decide the relevancy of the content. Experts in SEO industry list many factors which are Search Engine Optimization criterions.
SEO has two elements, Website level SEO, and Content/post level SEO. Different strategies are required to improve both types of SEO. The overall SEO is decided by a combination of both elements.
Important SEO tips & How to Improve SEO?
- Unique Content with great quality: This is the biggest criterion for the search engine to judge the SEO. You should not forget that the crawlers of the search engine know if you have copied the content from other websites. If they find copied content on your site then the search engines downgrade the site rankings. It means poor SEO to the website.
- Search engines look for complete ecosystem or niche of the content. The idea is your blog or Website must cover all dimensions of the niche and write about all dimensions. So it is imperative that you must interlink the various pages of the website based on some keywords or simply writing “Read this also”. Your Site you have clearly defined page navigation system as well.
- Third important factor for the SEO of a website is no. of back links to your website. The more the backlinks better are SEO of your website. Actually, the websites which have given back links to your content are authenticating your work. They are referring to your pages means you have done a good work. While exchanging links you must consider Alexa Ranks of the other party. Backlinks from a high-ranking website can be really helpful for search engine optimization. So you must have a clear strategy for link building.
- You must post content to your website as regularly as possible. Search engine crawlers crawl your website on daily basis. If they find new content that is better for the web page ranks. It is advised that you should post least one post a day.
If you implement above-mentioned suggestions then your website is destined to have good SEO. Good Search Engine Optimization means more Organic traffic which is beneficial for Pay Per Click (PPC) based advertisement programs like Google AdSense.
Now comes the second part, SEO of the daily post or content you will be posting on the website. As similar content will be published by your competitors so what will make your site rank better on the SERPs? It will be the SEO of your content. These are the important SEO tips for the website content.
Important SEO tips for Content/post & How to improve SEO?
The search query to the search engines comes in the form of keywords. So your content must have the targeted keyword at various positions in the content. For better SEO of your content posts, you must have following post format.
- The quality of the content; this is the biggest SEO criterion for any search engine. Here quality content means content with enriched knowledge & information, good grammar, no spelling mistakes & smaller sentences which are easy to read. Your post must be complete in all aspects. It must give holistic knowledge about the topic. Introduction and conclusion part must not be missed.
- For Better SEO the post must have more than 300 words of content.
- The page title should contain your focus keyword and its length should be between 40 to 70 characters. As far possible you must avoid using words like to, in, for, with in the page title.
- You are optimizing the content for a keyword for better SEO so the keyword density must be between 0.5% to 2.5%. More than 2.5% keyword density is taken negatively by the crawlers so you must avoid that. If you keyword is SEO improving strategy and there are 600 words in the article the then word must be repeated in the content at least 3 times and not more than 15 times.
- The URL of the page must have keyword in the form /-seo-improving-strategy-
- Your content must have a representative or true image. For better SEO the image must have alt tags containing your focus keyword.
- You should use your focus keyword in one or more subheadings with H tags. Too much use of <H> tags is also negative for SEO so you should avoid doing so.
- Your focus keyword must appear in the first paragraph of the content. While writing the introduction you should use your keyword.
- You must give an outbound link to some good source which can validate your content.
- You must specify a relevant meta description between 120 to 156 characters. Your meta description must contain the focus keyword.
If you are using WordPress then you must use WordPress SEO Plugin by Yoast. That is really helpful to the beginners. I hope you must have liked my important SEO tips & the guide How to improve SEO. Please don’t forget to give the feedback.